Thursday, September 3, 2009

Through the eyes of a child ...

So I am finally getting around to uploading the pictures Aiyanna took during her Big Island field trip (last school year). It's funny to see life through the eyes of a 5th grader!

Wooden statue butts were a must-see when I was that age too ;)


But she did take some nice shots and it almost makes me wish I had let her borrow the "good" camera. I think photography is such an awesome way for kids (and adults) to express themselves. There's no better way to capture a memory or feeling forever.

The coolest thing about putting a kiddo behind the lens is ... an untainted point-of-view. It's so refreshing to see things with the sense of awe, wonderment, and admiration of a child. If we really took the time to step back, we would also see how amazing & photography-worthy every little piece of this world is :) That makes me want to get my "good" camera fixed right now or at least charge the battery for my not-so-good camera.

So that's my little blurb for today ~ off to school now! Maybe my next picture will be of my textbooks ergh!

Here are a few more of Aiyanna's pictures of the Big Island ...




Have a Beautiful Day ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment