Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gooooo Hawks!


Jydon is a mini-me version of my hubs.
Sports, video games, & girls.

For the past few years, James has volunteered to coach the kids' teams & its been a great bonding experience for the kids, giving them extra Daddy time.


We usually host the end-of-season party for Jydon's team at our house. This year, I thought it would be cute to make custom favors for the kids.

Here's a peep at the finished goody bag.
I forgot to pick up ribbon, so we had to use pink curling ribbon to tie the bags. We told the kids that we chose pink because it was Coach J's favorite color :)


I cropped the team pictures and added font using Photoshop. I picked up the photo key chains at Long's Drugs (on sale for a little over $1).


I stamped copper blanks and wire wrapped them to copper key chains. Doesn't the copper look just like lil' basketballs?
Considering I haven't stamped in over a year,
the project went smoothly except for the basketball stamp ...
what a headache but after some practice, I got a teensy bit better.

It's funny how you convince yourself,
"Hmmmm, this project will take a couple hours."
Ha! After the stamping, doming, sanding, polishing, tumbling,
and wire wrapping ... woooooo weeeeee.

At the same time, it also reminded me how fun stamping is!
Been a stampin' fool lately :)

The party was fun. James always knows how to throw a party ...
and get everyone soaked with water balloons.
(which is why I never have pics!)
I don't know who has more fun, the kids or the parents!

Football season, here we come!

*****

Also wanted to share the lunch Aiyanna made me today.


a lemon pepper chicken, tofu, and Manoa lettuce salad
topped with bacon bits & Pietro's Sesame Miso dressing.
YUM!


Pietro's ... affectionately referred to as the "crack of salad dressings."
Sesame Miso, Soy Sauce, and Ginger are my favorites ...
and I'm bummed I can't find them at the commissary!
If they aren't in your dressing aisle, look in the Asian section (made in Japan).

Also, decided to dress up the blog using a free background from shabbyblogs.com
Awesome & easy to use! Will play around more when I have some free time.

until next time,
be well blogworld.


2 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to have to check out the Pietro's salad dressing. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those favors are just too awesome! i really love the stamped charms. i wish i had a chance to do more stamping. you really did a great job!

    ReplyDelete